Thursday, November 27, 2014

Samra quietly producing at UConn

Over the course of the season every UConn starting offensive lineman came into the weekly press conferences with one exception - Tyler Samra.

I decided to end that trend by requesting the junior guard and was glad I did.

With senior and three-year starter Gus Cruz losing his job to freshman Ryan Crozier, Samra is suddenly the second oldest starting offensive lineman only behind center and team captain Alex Mateas.

Samra has taken it upon himself to emerge as a leader on the offensive line and on the offense in general.

"Last year my playing time was minimal and this year I am a starter, it is giving me a whole new experience as far as my role as a leader which I will try to be next year," Samra said. "I am trying to take the role and do the best I can at practice. It is not just me but the entire line has progressed a lot. I think experience is a big part of it. In the beginning we had our issues but we have gotten a lot better in the last couple of weeks.

"I am here for everyone. I love the guys I play with. I take pride in being their teammate and if they ever have anything to ask, I will always do my best trying to help."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home